After many years of deliberation over the 4yo classes in British Eventing, a new showcase competition will be launched at Osberton International in 2020. All horses foaled in 2016, will be eligible to compete.
This competition will take place at Osberton International Horse Trials on Thursday 8th October. All horses will complete the following:
- A simple dressage test (see enclosed)
- A combined Show Jumping (approx. 8 fences) and Cross country (approx. 10 fences).
- The cross-country section will be over natural fences and offer the opportunity for horses to show their paces at speed.
Horses will be awarded good marks for the dressage and for potential and general impression in all phases. The horse with the highest good marks will win, in the case of an equality general impression and potential marks will decide the winner (with weight given to jumping marks)
- Entry fee - BE Members £60 (£50 + VAT) / Non-BE Members £72 (£60 + VAT)
- Prize money will be awarded at the following rate
- 1st £250
- 2nd £200
- 3rd £150
- 4th £100
- 5th £75
- 6th £60
- Open to horses foaled in 2016
- All horses entered in the 4yo class must have a proven record of Sire, Dam and Damsire which must be submitted at time of registration with British Eventing, or at time of entry. (ie: a copy of its Stud book passport which state parentage, date of birth, Unique Equine Life Number (UELN) and breeders name) Please see British Eventing rule book, annex 6 for more information on young horse classes
- The competition will be limited to approximately 35 horses.
- If excessive entries a ballot will take place by the organisers. Preference will be given to horses that have completed a double clear at BE80T or BE90 in 2020.
- Wild card entries may be accepted at the organiser’s discretion
The DRESSAGE TEST